Cotton Butterfly

Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday 1 February 2016

A New Year = A Card Off With Jen …



A New Year = A Card Off With Jen …





On Wednesday night, Jen and I decided to play with some of the new products from the Stampin’ Up! OccasionsCatty.


As soon as Jen saw the new Catty, she instantly fell in love with pages 26-27, which have the “BotanicalBlooms" stamp set, and matching “Botanical Builder” Framelits, and the “BotanicalGardens“ Designer Series Paper, which are available to be purchased separately, or as a Bundle for $105.75


When Jen arrived at my "Create With Kathe" Craft Class {she arrived just in time for the last project}, I gave her {cause she’s my bestie and I love her to bits} the “Flowering Fields” Sale-A-Bration stamp set, and the “Botanical Gardens“ Designer Series Paper.


Why the DSP? … because I detest the colours featured which are Basic Black, Cajun Craze, Hello Honey, Mint Macaroon, Mossy Meadow, Old Olive and Whisper White.
For some reason, the “Regals”, or deep colours just don’t do it for me, I tend to favour the “Subtles”!
So ... Jen’s mission on Wednesday was to change my mind about the DSP …
For a change, we decided our “Card Off” Challenge was going to be a collaboration, usually on past “Card Off” Challenges, we have a theme, have free range of the “Kathe's Cave Craft Room”, and make some amazing projects!
To see past “Card Off” Challenges, please click the "Card Off" Label to the right.
On this occasion, I was in charge of construction of the “Card In A Box”, and adhering panels of DSP, colours directed by Jen.


Jen’s involvement was making ALL the gorgeous flowers, adhering and titivating all the foliage.
Our joint effort was awesome, and I have to give full credit to Jen, as she did an amazing job with all the beautiful and colourful flowers.



New Year = A Card Off With Jen … DONE!



At the end of the day {or should we say night, as we finished at 12am}, and 3 hours later, Jen went home with her new stamp set and the “Botanical Gardens“ Designer Series Paper, and I think she was really chuffed!



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

9 comments:

  1. Hi, Kathe! I love this card! Thanks for sharing it! I am decorating a table at the Festival of Tables charity event in our town, and I've chosen the Botanical Gardens theme to use for all the table settings. I'm going to have a lot of plants and greenery in the center, with some flower accents (from Botanical Gardens SU), and then I'd like to make a box card like this to set at each place setting. The guest gets to take it home as a party favor. I'm wondering if you have any dimensions and/or instructions for this card? I would love a guideline for the 'bones' of it. I hope to make each one a little different as far as colors and flowers. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary,
      Thanks so much for your kind words, I will be sure to pass them on to my partner in crime – I mean craft, Jen!
      The measurements for the actual “Card In A Box”, I found on Tina Zink’s Blog http://www.serenestamper.com/2014/01/card-in-box-valentine.html
      You may like to check out some of the other “Card In A Boxes”’ we have made http://jorjarose.blogspot.co.nz/search/label/Card%20In%20A%20Box
      When it came to the flowers etc, we just winged it!
      The colours Jen selected were the same as that in the “Botanical Gardens Designer Series Paper”, Basic Black, Cajun Craze, Hello Honey, Mint Macaron, Mossy Meadow, Old Olive, and Whisper White.
      Hope your event goes really well, be sure to let me know with some photos!
      Sending paper hugs your way,
      Kathe.

      Delete
  2. Hi Kathe, please tell me what you used to make the swirling foliage. This is a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jill,
      Thank you so much for your question and your patience.
      I am so sorry it took so long to find the answer for you.
      I had to go back to where the Die was purchased from, as we had lost the packaging for it!
      The Die featured is a Die by “Memory Box” called “Elegant Scrollwork”, and was purchased from “yayayalam” on Trade Me {www.trademe.co.nz}, Carrie’s email address is yayayalam@gmail.com
      Hope this helps
      Best wishes,
      Kathe.

      Delete
  3. Just saw where the lady above me asked same question I am wanting to know. Where the swirling garnishes come from since they aren't in my Botanical blooms framelits :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi SpindleandDistaffCreations,
    Thank you so much for your question and your patience.
    I am so sorry it took so long to find the answer for you.
    I had to go back to where the Die was purchased from, as we had lost the packaging for it!
    The Die featured is a Die by “Memory Box” called “Elegant Scrollwork”, and was purchased from “yayayalam” on Trade Me {www.trademe.co.nz}, Carrie’s email address is yayayalam@gmail.com
    Hope this helps
    Best wishes,
    Kathe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. You're more than welcome SpindleandDistaffCreations :-D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It
Blogger Wordpress Gadgets