Cotton Butterfly

Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Sunday 9 February 2014

School Goes Back Tomorrow … Finally!!!

Well …first day back at school on Friday {after the Summer holidays}, and I get a call to say that JorjaRose has thrown up and could I collect her.
Poor baby


Reilly goes back to school tomorrow {I mean today as it is 2.25am!!!}, after 7 weeks of Summer holidays.
This will be Reilly’s final year at Intermediate {Middle School}, before he goes on to College {High School} next year.
I have just finished covering his school exercise books with glossy Clear Cover-Seal.

My how easy it is to work with Clear {NZ$1.99 per roll}, rather than patterned {NZ$5 per roll} or my DIY on JorjaRose’s school books! {please click to read Tutorial}.

I polished {pun intended} them off in just over an hour.
My biggest hint is to cut the Cover-Seal to about 2cm bigger than the exercise book.
Start covering the back first, as I found that the last side of the book covered always came out best.
Use a ruler to smooth the Cover-Seal as you go.
Mitre the corners, and cut a V into the Cover-Seal where the spine of the book is.
And wah-lah … job done!


My hubby Wayne made the kids school lunches, as this is one job I do detest!
We ♥ to re-purpose in this household, so Reilly’s lunch box was originally an Ice-Cream container!


On a side-note, with the kids back at school, I can {finally} get back into my craftin’ and I can’t wait!!!

My project for tomorrow is the gorgeous Stampin’ Up! “Burlap and Blooms” …
 


Anyways … must dash as I need to get some sleep before shepherding the kids off to school tomorrow, I mean today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It
Blogger Wordpress Gadgets