Cotton Butterfly

Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday 21 November 2015

“Women Connecting”: Desk Calendar With Notebook



I was super excited to be a guest teacher at “Women Connecting” recently, and on Monday 2nd November I taught this “Desk Calendar with Notebook" ...



As mini calendars are scarce and hard to come by in New Zealand, I ended up purchasing them from Scrap2Relax in Australia.
Scrap2Relax also had the Embossing Powders I was looking for, in Rust and Copper to use on the end of leaves.
The AED Fine Detail Embossing Powder colours I ordered were called Bronze Rose, Copper and Copper Lane.
I was really rapt with the service, and the ladies even popped in my parcel some “Gorjuss” Buttons … yah!


Whenever I teach a large group of women, I always make up a number of samples. It is always hard when there are 20+ ladies looking at one sample!


I made up five samples, and used the five different brads from the Antique Brads {I am always looking at showcasing product of and up-selling at the same moment!!!}.


I purchased the colourful Notebooks in bulk {I purchased 54 Notebooks} through The Warehouse, and they worked out to be $1 each.


On one of the samples I took a 3B1 school notebook and covered with Melon Mambo cardstock, placed some butterfly Washi Tape on a strip of Basic Black cardstock, and then crimped it with my new Fiskars Paper Crimper.


I show-cased this notebook, as I wanted to show the ladies how they could take a 3B1 notebook and transform it into something beautiful.


The best time to purchases the 3B1 Notebooks is at Back To School, which is January/February when you can pick them up of 5c instead of 99c.


I had a fab helper, helping me prepare the Kits, my daughter JorjaRose stepped up {pun intended as I am STILL recovering from the sprained ankle or “Cankle” as we have been calling it!!!}.
We prepared 50 Kits, so there were spare Kits available to purchase on the night.


On the BIG night, I packed my car really well, as I like to be very prepared, so everything goes smoothly.
I took along all 3 of my Sizzix Big Shots, which I have named Betsy The Beast, Nancy Drew {after my grandmother}, and Topaz {which is my birthstone}.
I also had 3 “Top Note” Dies to use on the night, as the ladies needed to cut 1 in Basic Black and 1 in Whisper White.
With the Whisper White Top Note, the ladies fussy-cut off the stitched line. Then they stamped with Blushing Bride and Melon Mambo inks, the 2-step flower from the “Garden In Bloom” stamp set.
The braded flower is Melon Mambo cardstock and punched with the “Fun Flower”, “Pansy” and “Petite Petals” Punches.
The butterflies are from the “Papillion Potpourri” stamp set, stamped in Melon Mambo ink, and punched with the “Bitty Butterfly” Punch.
The leaves are Pear Pizzazz cardtstock, and punched with the Bird Builder Punch, which to streamline things, I had 2 Punches available.

All in all the evening went off without a hitch, and I can’t wait till my next night, guest teaching this amazing group of women.

With the leftover Kits, I taught the “Desk Calendar with Notebook" at my “Create With Kathe" Craft Classes, which run on Tuesdays , Wednesdays and Thursdays.

One of my ladies wished to make as smaller version, so we used a 3M Post it Note 354, and covered it in the same way as 3B1 notebooks …



Oh and by the way …

Check out my new holder for my Cane "mac", hooked onto my Big Shot #3 "Topaz"!
Dusty had to get in on the action ... of course!
#workinit

Yours in Paper Crafting,
Kathe.







Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It
Blogger Wordpress Gadgets