Cotton Butterfly

Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Sunday 3 April 2016

“Murder In The Potting Shed” … Murder Mystery Dinner …



“Murder In The Potting Shed” … Murder Mystery Dinner …
On Friday night the Garden Club, from the Nelson Suburban Club put on an awesome night of entertainment!

There were approximately 150 guests.   Each table had 10 guests, and funnily enough, the guests at our table knew my Mom Dale, from Jaycees and from when we were living in Atawhai {we moved there in 1975!!!}.   Many hadn’t seen me since I was a little girl! 
The ladies couldn’t believe that I was now an adult, with children {Reilly is 14 and JorjaRose almost 13, and married for 15 years!} and I did say “I am now 41 years old”!  … laugh out loud!


My Membership Card, and my Clutch for the evening, a ”Kathy Van Zeeland“!

Along with the “Murder In The Potting Shed” Play, the meal was also themed on a Potting Shed …



Entrée
Bread rolls served in a basket with butter on the side
Mains
Corn Beef
Vegetarian Cottage Pastry Pie
Veges
Cabbage
Carrots
Mashed Potato
2x Relish and White Sauce for the Corn Beef
Desserts
Bread and Butter Pudding , and Cream
Sticky Date Pudding, served with Custard


The Corn Beef served looked so yummy, but I did not partake, instead selecting the “Vegetarian Cottage Pastry Pie” option.
But … oh-my-goodness … “Bread and Butter Pudding” is one of my all time favourite desserts, so I was rapt to find it on the menu!


The Murder Mystery Play “Murder In The Potting Shed” was written By Kim from K.C. Creations, and was specially written for the Garden Club.


It was quite a production, with 5 members from the Garden Club being actors, and approximately 18 members from the audience were selected to be actors too.
Throughout the Play, there were one liners from famous movies, which we as a table were asked to write down the line, and the movie from which it came from.   Some that I remember were “show me the money” – “Jerry Maguire”, “wax on, wax off” – “The Karate Kid”,  and “frankly my dear I don’t give a damn” – “Gone With The Wind”.
At the end of the play, the audience had to guess who was the murderer, of the poor old Professor.   The murderer turned out to be Kelvin, because he was jealous that the Professor was flirting with his boyfriend Melvin!
I guessed wrong, but a couple of the ladies at our table got it right.






The Garden Club did an awesome job of decorating the entrance of the Function Room, the tables were gorgeous with checkered plastic table cloths, and decorated like a Potting Shed, with faux vines, faux tomatoes and a faux mouse on each table!




The Professor had a table on wheels with potions on it, and one of the audience actors was tasked with delivering a shot glass of green liquid to each table, which turned out to be Lemonade with green food colouring!



The stage was also decorated and styled to resemble a Potting Shed, and Nelmac loaned out plants to make the Potting Shed look more realistic.
One of the main sponsors on the night was the “Resort Canteen” at the Tahunu BeachHoliday Park , which donated gift vouchers, as there were three games of “Heads and Tails”, once of which my Mom Dale got into the finals of!
All in all it was a lovely night out, and my first function that I had attended at the Nelson Suburban Club, in twenty years … now that’s showing my age!

I can’t wait for the adventures that lay ahead, as I joined the Garden Club in March when we made Wind Chimes from Terracotta Pots.
The April meeting is not that far away and the subject for April is “Bulbs”.



So if you are interested in joining the Garden Club, please check out the website 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It
Blogger Wordpress Gadgets