Cotton Butterfly

Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday 9 February 2015

“Card Off With Jen” For Thursday 5th February 2015

Finally Jen and I got together for another “Card Off” challenge.
{We} have  to confess that we finished at 2am, and ate a whole packet of “Salt and Vinegar “ chips and a whole bag of chocolate covered honeycomb {similar to bite sized Crunchie Bars} … oh yum!
We attempted to create to a “4 Easel Card”, and I think we did a fab job too!
I was so pleased with how my card turned out, that I will be teaching this card at this weeks “Create With Kathe” craft class.




My “4 Easel Card” is in shades of Wisteria Wonder and Elegant Eggplant, and features the Stampin’ Up! stamp sets “Petal Potpourri”, “Something To Say” and “Kinda Eclectic”.
This is the first card I have made with my new stamp set “Petal Potpourri” and matching “Flower Medallion” Punch – and I love the combo of this set.


For the sentiment Panel, I added a layer of construction tape, a strip of Wisteria Wonder Chevron Ribbon, along with punched shapes, using the following Punches: Large Oval, Extra Large Oval, Modern Label, Word Window and Banner.


For the 2nd and 4th Panels, on two layers of cardstock {in Wisteria Wonder and Elegant Eggplant}, I stamped the Medallion Flower in Versamark, then heat set it with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, and featured an elegant “Antique Brad” as the focal point.   I loved this combo so much, that two of the Panels have the Medallion Flower.


On the 3rd Panel, I featured the “Butterflies” Framelits, which is one of my favourite items from the Occasionals Catalogue.   I cut two butterflies {in Wonder and Elegant Eggplant}, and added a gorgeous vintage Flower Trim.


Jen’s card is a case via Debbie Henderson over at “Debbie’s Designs”, and features the Stampin’ Up! stamp sets “By The Tide” and “Something To Say”.
Jen’s card is a masterpiece, and has tonnes of fussy cutting, and each panel is coloured by hand using Faber-Castell Watercolour Pencils, Twinkling H2Os, and Dazzling Diamonds Stampin’ Glitter.







I can’t wait for our next “Card Off” challenge, I wonder what our next theme will be?!!!

Thanks for taking the time to stop by, and if you would like to make a Stampin’ Up! purchase online, please head on over  to my Stampin’ Up! website.

Happy craftin’,
Kathe.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It
Blogger Wordpress Gadgets