Cotton Butterfly

Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday 9 January 2016

Happy New Year! I Finally Got My Craft On ...



Happy New Year!
I finally got my craft on yesterday afternoon, and whipped up this little number …


It was for my bestie Megan’s Birthday, and what a birthday she had!!!
Meges had lunch out with her 3 daughters, and then in the evening, a whole bunch of us went out to dinner to celebrate!
We had dinner at “Poppy Thai” in Richmond, and there were approximately 12 of us dolls that were able to make it, AND I was the only blonde {except for Anna}!
We must have made a bit of noise because we had so much fun.
You know me, I am a foodie, but forgot to take a photo of my Starter, which was “Poh Pieh Puck”, eight vegetarian spring rolls with vermicelli and vegetables, served with sweet sauce.
For my Main, I had “Pad Priew Wan” Poppy Thais’ sweet and sour sauce home made to perfection then stir fried with fresh seasonal vegetables with Chicken ...


And of course I had to have Dessert, which was “Chocolate Lava Cake”, served with Ice Cream, Strawberries and a Passionfruit Coulis … oh yum!!! ...


Now back to the gorgeous card…





I have been wanting to try out my new set of Dies, the “Sizzix Gatefold with Jar Pop-Up”, and this was the perfect occasion.


I also got to try out some of my new stamps sets from the new Occasions Catty,  ”Birthday Blooms”, “Grateful Bunch”, and “Timeless Textures”. 
The "Timeless Textures" stamp set is great for layering images, here I stamped firstly in Sahara Sand, then overlaid the next stamp in Tip Top Taupe ...


I added a belly band to the card, as it sat better with it.   As you can imagine, the card was very full in textures with all those flowers!


I also added a Tag, so Megan can also use this as a Bookmark later on!


All in all, I was very pleased with the way this card turned out.
And of course the pressie was wrapped in re-purposed Stampin’ Up! packing paper, with a belly band that has been embossed, and some colour co-ordinated butterflies with my signature Pearls added! 


Hmmmm … what shall I make tomorrow?!!!
The “Sky Is The Limit”!!!

Sending paperhugs your way,
Kathe. 









Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It
Blogger Wordpress Gadgets