Cotton Butterfly

Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Sunday 3 January 2016

The Kindness Of Strangers …

The Kindness Of Strangers …

Every year on the 30th Of December our town has a Market Day.
Richmond's Biggest Market Day was last Wednesday, 30 December 2015.
Over 100 stalls with gifts, crafts, food and entertainment for all.
Crafters from all round New Zealand meet and sell their wares.
On top of the Crafters, there was also allot of food stalls and clothing etc.


This year as I walked {with my stick Mac} the main street of town {which is closed for Market Day}, I came across my favourite spice company “The Original Smoke and Spice Company”.
I love love love their “Marlborough Sea Salt” …


“Marlborough sea salt is smoked by hand, and then tumble roasted with garlic, shallots, coriander and the mighty chilli! The result is one of the finest seasonings in the world. Suitable for both shakers and grinders, our sensational smoked seasoning will enhance all foods, elevating them to the heights of culinary nirvana”



The opening line of the Smoke and Spice man was “have you tried our Salt before?”
My reply was “I don’t need to try it, I love it!”
I have actually been out of this Salt for 3 months, so jumped at the chance to buy it.

I purchased 4 packets of the “Original Smoked Seasoning” and 1 packet of the “Lemon Zinger Seasoning”.


Before I left, the man asked why I had a stick.

I replied that “my body was shit”, he then asked if the shit would improve, and I said not likely.

As I turned to walk away, the man asked me to come back to him, and he pulled out of his pocket a beautiful flat black shiny stone, and gave it to me, to keep on my person for when things got bad.

I can’t tell you how touched I was, and how much this meant to me, as I was going through some serious medical issues.


I had to laugh though, when I got home my hubby showed me 4 packets of unopened “Original Smoked Seasoning” that were {somewhere} in the pantry!

So I am all set with my “Original Smoked Seasoning”, and it should last me till next when I see this lovely man from the “The Original Smoke and Spice Company”!

"Thank You" my Smoke and Spice man aka "Stranger".

If you check out the “The Original Smoke and Spice Company” website, you will find some mouth-watering recipes to try out!

And here a couple of articles that were written about "Richmond Market Day", from the Nelson Mail and Nelson Live.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It
Blogger Wordpress Gadgets