Cotton Butterfly

Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Sunday 15 November 2015

Sally and Kathe’s Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catty Launch


Recently {back on Sunday 30th August} Sally and I hosted our second Stampin’ Up! event together, this one was to celebrate the launch of the new Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalogue.
We had 30 ladies attend, and of course we had to have Prize Patrol again!
And here's our Prize Patrol goodies ...




We had 39 Prize Patrol gifts, some of which were kindly donated – thank you ladies, you know how much we love and appreciate you.

Sally and I taught a project each, plus the ladies all made a Christmas Tag, from the “Oh, What Fun Tag Project Kit”.





In preparation for the big day, Jen and I had made a number of Christmas Cards {we crafted till 3am without a break!!!}, some were case’d from the Catty, some were our own designs.

Sally also made some beautiful samples, and featured the stamp set “Thankful Forest Friends” and the Bundle “Jingle All The Way” ...












Between the two of us, we had a large display of Christmas projects, along with the new SU products from the new Catty {please don’t look at my MasterCard bill!!!} ...







Sally made a number of 3D projects, which were gifts at each of the place settings. 
Here are some of the tables ...





And here are some the gorgeous 3D gifts that Sally made ...














Our afternoon kicked off at 2pm, and we planed to finish around 4pm.
After a brief introduction about the new Catty, Sally and I mentioned our favourite products from the Catty, mine was the “Curvy Corner Trio” Punch, and Sally’s was the “Thankful Forest Friends” stamp set.
We then split the room in half, and both taught our Christmas Cards.






Sally and I had made a gorgeous afternoon tea, Sally made some Cupcake Toppers, featuring the “Thankful Forest Friends” stamp set, and I made my now {in}famous Cheese Ball, which proved to be my undoing later in the day*.
After the yummy afternoon tea, we then swapped, and taught the other half of the room. In the downtime, between projects, the ladies made the Christmas Tag.

Sally Christmas Card was GorJuss!!!  



Sally’s card featured the “Jingle All The Way” Bundle
#140862 Clear Mount $62.95 or #140861 Wood Mount $71.25.

The Bundle consists of the “Jingle All The way” stamp set and “Sleigh Ride” Edgelits, and if purchasing as a set, you save 15%.
The card-base is Blackberry Bliss, and Whisper White cardstock was sponged with Tempting Turquoise, Night of Navy and Blackberry Bliss inks.
Water was then flicked onto the cardstock, which gave a gorgeous effect.
All  3 “Sleigh Ride” Edgelits were cut in Whisper White cardstock, and 2 Way Glue Pen was used to adhere the line of Dazzling Diamonds Stampin’ Glitter.
The sentiment “Merry Everything” and “Jingle All The Way” are stamped in Blackberry Bliss.
This card is a very elegant Christmas Card, and the ladies loved making it, even if their fingertips got a tad inky!
If making this card in bulk I would recommend wearing some silicon/latex gloves.






Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

My Christmas Card features the “Peaceful Pines” Bundle
#140850 Photopolymer $92.50




The card-Base is Soft Sky, and the insert Whisper White.
 “Watercolor Wash” in Soft Sky, is stamped on 2/3 of the Vellum, on the reverse side.
Stars from the “Wonderland” stamp set are stamped in VersaMark and heat embossed in Gold.
The Vellum is then sewn {with my real Bernina Sewing Machine!} onto a layer of Whisper White cardstock.
The trees are a mixture of Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive cardstock, and are stamped with Old Olive and Marina Mist inks.
The “Peace” is cut from Gold Foil Sheets and features the “Christmas Greetings” Thinlits.
The star is cut from Gold Glimmer Paper, and is from the “Perfect Pines” Framelits.
Gold Cord is threaded through one of the wooden “Snowflake Elements”.
On the card insert, my favourite new product, the “Curvy Corner Trio” Punch is used on the lower corner.
The sentiment “Wishing a season of wonderful moments and warm memories“ is from the “Peaceful Pines” stamp set, and embossed in gold.
The star is cut from Gold Foil Sheets, and is from the “Perfect Pines” Framelits.
The tree is stamped in Marina Mist, and is from the “Peaceful Pines” stamp set.
Stars from the “Wonderland” stamp set are stamped in VersaMark and heat embossed in Gold.
Wah-lah … Perfect Peaceful Pines Card done!



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

We had a fantastic afternoon, surrounded by all our crafting girlfriends.
The ladies all went home buzzing with the new techniques they had learnt, their two Christmas Cards, a Christmas Tag and Prize Patrol gift{s} + a full belly!!!
AND we can’t wait to do it all over again, with the new Stampin’ Up! Catty, and Sale-A-Bration brochures, which are due for release 6th January 2016.

*At the 4pm mark {I Iooked at my watch so I knew the time!}, I {stupidly} decided to help myself to more of the Cheese Ball and Crackers, and on my return back to the table, and in front of everyone, I BADLY sprained my left ankle, fell to the floor and hit my head!!!   I made such a dick of myself, but refused to cry.
As were at the local rugby club, we had some big and burly {well … the President Duanne} helped me to my feet, and ankle was immediately iced.
It was only later that night when I sat thinking about the day, I realised how fortunate I was that it was just a sprained ankle, as I had my Stampin Up! “Paper Snips”- without the cap on, in the pocket of my crafting apron.
I was incredibly lucky that I didn’t land on the scissors and puncture an organ!

Thank you to my Craftin’ Angel for looking out for me {again}!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It
Blogger Wordpress Gadgets