Cotton Butterfly

Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday 21 November 2013

Shabby Chic Friendship Card

“Hello Sweet Friend”

At my “Create With Kathe” Craft Class last week, we made this sweet little friendship card.
‘Tis all about layering with a Shabby Chic vibe.
Pink Pirouette cardstock is layered up in 3 layers, with the Lattice Bigz Die being a feature.
I cut 1 ½ Lattice’s and the join is hidden under the ribbon and sentiment detail.
The sentiment “hello SWEET FRIEND” is from the “Six-Sided Sampler” stamp set, and is stamped in Chocolate Chip onto Whisper White cardstock, and then sponged with Crumb Cake.
I just had to break out the Stampin’ Up! “Flower Trim” (R), it came with 100 gorgeous flowers that can be used as is, or coloured by Spritzing or sponging colour onto the flower.   This is the very first time I have used my Flower Trim and they are like gold!   For this card I used 1 flower, for the whole class we used another 3, so that means I have 96 left!!!
I have tied a strand of “Early Espresso” Bakers Twin around a cute little bow of “Artichoke” Denim Jean Ribbon.   The vintage lace is from a scrap I had leftover from a previous project.
Inside the card, I have used another Lattice and ¼’ed it by folding along the crease lines.
I have then adhered the Lattice on two of the edges to the middle of the card, and then made a gizzlion butterflies with the “Beautiful Wings Embosslits” in Whisper White and Pink Pirouette, and adhered the butterflies to the lattice, to create a look as if the butterflies, when the card is opened, are jumping off of the card!
On a piece of Whisper White cardstock, I have stamped in Chocolate Chip the sentiment “love life & it will love you back” from the “Cottage Garden” stamp set.
On the bottom edge of the insert, I have finished off by stamping in Crumb Cake some cute little Pansy’s from the “Flower Shop” stamp set.

Shabby Chic Friendship Card (tick)!



 “Cottage Garden” (available on "My Digital Studio" digital download)
$5.50

 “Flower Shop” Stamp Set Bundle (with matching Pansy Punch):
#132726 Clear Mount Bundle $64.50
#132727 Wood Mount Bundle $72.95
OR Stamp Set Only:
#130942 Clear Mount $39.95
#130939 Wood Mount $49.95

“Six Sided Sampler” Stamp Set Bundle (with matching Hexagon Punch):
#132724 Clear Mount Bundle $69.50
#132725 Wood Mount Bundle $78.95
OR Stamp Set Only:
#130956  Clear Mount $45.95
#130953 Wood Mount $56.95

Lattice Bigz Die
$45.95

Recipe Ingredient List
Stamp Sets: “Cottage Garden” (available on "My Digital Studio" digital download), “Flower Shop” and “Six Sided Sampler”
Cardstock: Whisper White and Pink Pirouette
Ink: “Chocolate Chip”, “Crumb Cake”
Framelits/Dies: Lattice Bigz Die, Beautiful Wings Embosslits,


Special Tools/Xtras: Big Shot, Stampin’ Trimmer, Flower Trim (R), “Early Espresso” Bakers Twin, “Artichoke” Denim Jean Ribbon,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It
Blogger Wordpress Gadgets