Cotton Butterfly

Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday 6 February 2014

School Goes Back Tomorrow …

The end of the Summer holidays are almost here!
I spent the better part of today covering JorjaRose’s school books.
This year I refused to pay NZ$4 > NZ$5 per roll for book covering {which covers 2 exercise books}, so instead designed my own…


In my craft stash I have a bunch of really gorgeous serviettes.
JorjaRose decided on the Eiffel Tower Parisian them serviettes {which were 3Ply} and the hearts and music notes serviettes {4Ply}.



Because the serviettes were 3Ply and 4Ply Serviettes, I needed to separate 
the Plys down to a single layer.



I cut the serviettes in rows to fit the school books.


I layered the books with cling wrap, and then placed the single Ply serviette on the cling wrap; I then placed a sheet of thick cardstock on top, to form a sandwich.   
I used my clothes iron to iron the thick cardstock, which heated the cling wrap, which then formed a glue to adhere the layers together 
{the exercise book with the single Ply serviette}.


On the back of the school books I used double sided craft tape to attach a sheet of Stampin’ Up! Naturals White, which gave the books a 
really clean and elegant {I thought!} look.



I used my SU “Decorative Label” Punch, and punched out tags for the subject labels, in SU Naturals White, and wrote on the labels with my 
Early Espresso Stampin’ Marker.

I then covered the books in clear covering, the books looked gorgeous and unique, and JorjaRose was really happy with them.

 


This process took all afternoon, and in the long-run, I value my time, so in hindsight, it may have been a better idea to have paid for the decorated cover-seal after all!

My girl was in bed by 7.30pm tonight, as she was so excited about her first day of school tomorrow, after 7 looooong weeks of Summer holidays!

Recipe Ingredient List
Cardstock : Stampin’ Up! Naturals White
Punches: Stampin’ Up! Decorative Label
Inks: Early Espresso Stampin’ Marker
Other: School Exercise Books, Serviettes, Cling Wrap, Clear Cover-Seal, Double Sided Craft Tape

Special Tools: Clothes Iron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It
Blogger Wordpress Gadgets